Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 741 Mixing Valve Actuator Issue

Gary_7
Gary_7 Member Posts: 25
Good morning, I recently installed radiant heat on my 1st floor and have a Tekmar 402 House Control that controls a Tekmar 741 Actuator that controls a Tekmar 710 3/4" 3-way mixing valve. My issue is that the when the actuator closes, it will close the valve to a stop point but the actuator doesn't stop and tries to turn the valve more. Because the valve is at a stop point and the actuator continues to try to turn the valve, the actuator makes a popping/banging noise that can be heard throughout the house (very annoying). In addition to the annoying noise that keeps us up at night, i'm concerned of possible damage. Does anyone know what would cause the actuator to keep going after the valve stops?

thx
Gary

Comments

• Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Was the actuator and the valve timed when the two met?

Basically when the valve body hits the end of its travel the actuator should at the same time.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Gary_7
    Gary_7 Member Posts: 25
    I don't know what you mean timed. The control is set to 105 seconds as per documentation. I've had to set the actuator to manual, turn the valve open and the turn the actuator back to automatic so the valve wouldn't bottom out before the actuator turns off.