Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Everhot tank with mud for days

Options
PhilDavid
PhilDavid Member Posts: 68
Got called out to a steam boiler with 2 hydronic zones that weren’t heating. The hydronic set up is a closed system with its own auto fill and expansion tank and flows through the coil of an everhot tank. The steam boiler water is circulated through the tank with a Taco stainless pump. Well the stainless pump was packed full of mud and burned out the motor. Replaced the motor and after an hour of draining and filling over and over it became apparent the everhot tank is packed full of mud. That tank is the only thing I can’t get to run clear. Dark muddy water every time. BTW the everhot boiler supply and return are using the correct tappings as to not suck mud from the bottom of the boiler. Any suggestions on how to thoroughly clean this tank? Isolation valves and drains on supply and return and flush with garden hose until clear?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    I suspect this is an Everhot external tankless heater. I guess you could remove it from the boiler to clean it if valves are not installed to flush it. May have to soak it in something