Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old body Honeywell V8043 zone valve

pyme66 Member Posts: 4
I am posting a couple of photos of a Honeywell zone valve that appears to have an odd (old) round body. The can says that the valve is a V8043F5036 (3/4", 24V) but all the specs I have found online for such a valve have a body with a square flange. The valve has been malfunctioning and I want to upgrade the actuator, if possible, without changing the body.
Anybody recognizes the body of this valve? I called Honeywell tech support and they suggested to install a 40003918-006/U adapter that will allow installing a new actuator. However, the adapter needs a square flange on the body, which the body does not have.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.


    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,861
    I gotta tell you, in 30+ years, I dont think I've ever seen that valve body.
    Nows the time for a zone valves upgrade and ECM circulator.
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,613
    The actuator will probably cost as much as a complete new valve because they sell a lot more complete valves. Plus you will have to futz with it to make it work. Being only 3/4" it's not very expensive. I would change the whole thing
    rick in AlaskaSuperTech
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    I'd wonder about the condition of the ball or flapper inside, time to replace them.
    Go with a higher Cv valve 7.5 and an Alpha ECM or other brand. You will get a more efficient valve and circulator pump, saving $$.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,765
    That part shows up on supplyhouse, showing the round body. Looks like you can order motor only or actuator complete
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Does not appear to that old. 2004 maybe.