Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Carbon monoxide sickens 5 sends them to hospital in western Pennsylvania

https://www.wtae.com/article/five-people-taken-to-hospital-after-carbon-monoxide-leak/24952692

I live right down the street from this incident and saw it unfold first hand. The area was flooded 2 months before hand and at least a foot and a half to two feet were in the basement. I suspect the furnace was never inspected or replaced after the flood and yesterday being one of the first cold days of the year was the first time it was ran. Fortunately the family had co detectors and were able to evacuate the residence and will be fine. But once again it shows the importance of replacing any gas component that’s been submerged and to have low level co detectors in your home.

Comments

  • NY_RobNY_Rob Member Posts: 1,369
    If the area was flooded recently... what about the neighbors boilers? It it a disaster waiting to happen situation?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!