Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help chosing boiler for radiant floor heating.

Options
BBBSS
BBBSS Member Posts: 2
I'm in NW Chicago and need to replace a Weil McLain CGM-3 from the late 80s/early 90s with a DOE of 55,000 BTU for radiant floor heating in a basement apartment. The apartment this heats is supplemented with forced air from the apartment above. The current boiler is vented through the wall.

I called the company I usually use for my HVAC needs but they seem to recommend another contractor for boilers. They have recommended a Burnham / US Boilers X2 03 for an easy replacement. I can't seem to find any info on this Burnham/US Boiler X2 model online. Is this a newer model or is it a new model name now that they are part of US Boiler??

I'm mainly concerned about long term reliability and ease of getting parts / doing my own maintenance and repairs. The Weil was easy to work on and very straight forward and I liked that. I don't mind paying a bit more for a quality unit up front and I want a basic setup not a high efficiency or anything that would require an extensive install. Simple and reliable!

I appreciate any input on the X2 or anyy other brands/models I should look into.

Thank you!

Comments

• BBBSS
    BBBSS Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Heres a few pics of the old setup. Looking for something that could slip into its place easily hopefully.