Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lennox pulse question

Options
cgreiner
cgreiner Member Posts: 1
I have a Lennox Pulse that's run pretty good over the years, but it recently stopped running. it would start to fire for 1 or 2 seconds, then the light would flash once on the ignition control module. Wait 15-20 seconds, and repeat.

I though the line from the pressure switch to the PVC pipe might be clogged, so I disconnected it from the PVC (leaving it attached to the pressure switch). Interestingly, I had my thumb over the end of the tubing, and it fired up, and stayed running. The second I took my thumb off the hole, it shut down. it's currently the only way to start and keep the unit running.

It seems to be the opposite of what I'd expect. I'm effectively clogging the line, and it's the only way it will work. Thoughts??

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    Does the pressure switch have two connections or only 1?? It could be a differential switch.

If your still running a Lennox Pulse you should probably plan for a replacement.

Chances are something is plugged. Check air switch tubing. Condensate drain & Pump. Water or debris in air intake or flue.
    kcoppTinman
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Lined plenums and return drops, mufflers for the flue and intake, flex gas, flex conduit.

Ah the memories.
    Steve Minnich