Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Expansion tank

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can give me any advice or information on these style expansion tanks. They are from 1961. Richmond engineering is the manufacturer. Not sure what kind of tank this is or how it works. Two sight glasses on each. Thanks


  • leonz
    leonz Member Posts: 1,159
    edited November 2018
    This is the first time I have seen what I think are vertical steel compression tanks in use.

    As a layperson I am going to assume they are probably well overdue for a pressure test and new triple gauges for insurance purposes if that is still applicable now.

    Can you obtain pictures of the dome top of the tanks and the piping connections to the circulators?
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,633
    It's just a plain steel compression tank. Very common. Nothing unusual. What's wrong with it? If it is getting water logged the first thing to check is the gaskets on the gage glass valves.