Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Comments?

Options

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Many.

I was that guy (Tinman) 25 years ago or so. If I had read THAT instead of reading your stuff, I’d still be knocking tin.
    Steve Minnich
    Rich_49
  • Steve Thompson (Taco)
    Options
    Potable hot water heater for space heating? Isn't that kind of dangerous (salmonella) and inefficient? Plus where's the radiant heat distribution.
    Canucker
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    Comment about combined systems?

Still see combined air handler systems being installed, in, both as small residential the Apollo type system and even large hotel type projects with the Williams IPS integrated piping system. Some of the Vegas hotels have combined systems. We sell a lot of low lead, low Cv zone valves to that market.

I'm not 100% sold on combined, but I suppose if they exercise the pumps and ZVs daily it turns DHW more often then buildings with dead end DHW legs in the piping, or un-used rooms with stagnant DHW.

So possibly combined systems it lessens legionella potential, when the entire system is circulated daily?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Rich_49clammy
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    they do it all the time especially these tank-less water heaters. they have diagrams in there manual, as long as every piece of equipment is copper or brass it seems to pass inspections i don't agree with it but that's the way the law is .