Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB142 - 9P Error Code?

Got a 9P error code. I swapped out the fuse in the UBA3, and that bought me another day before I got the code again. Tried resetting, and turning off/on again. I found that if I turned it off, removed and then reseated the KIM/UBA3, and that bought me another day. This time, when I did that, and then turned it back on, I heard a loud, fast clicking coming from the unit somewhere, that I've never heard before. That sounded pretty bad, so I turned the unit off. When I turned it back on, there was no indication at all on the screen, and not startup sounds. My gut says that the fuse in the UBA3 blew (had to go to work, haven't checked yet).

My question at this point is, what do you think the root cause is? Something caused the fuse to blow. I can replace the UBA3, but its an expensive part, and I don't want to replace it if something else is likely the issue. And then there's that weird sound at startup.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367

Most likely, the control is bad. Also look for a shorted wire harness, bent pins where the UBA connects to the socket.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    Good luck on that one, better for your i’s and cross your tees. we have a few dead GB 142s (leakers, neglected) that I would try “old parts” first. If you burn up a new UBA that would be a bad day
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • kinderhund
    kinderhund Member Posts: 13
    Update:
    Got some smarter folks than me to come have a look. Turns out the transformer was fried, which may have been caused by the UBA (or vice versa?). Either way, we replaced both, and this seems to have fixed the issue.
    kcopp