Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NTI 200 Wood boiler? Keep?

New house has a model 200 nti wood boiler coupled with an nti oil boiler. It needs a damper controller. I also have a large woodstove (vogelzamg ponderosa) designed to heat 2700 square feet. Looking for opinion ions on wether or not I should put this woodstove in the basement and nix the boiler. The house has heating vents above the basement from an old forced air furnace. The chimney is at one end of the house, would this wood stove really help to heat my house? I have several zones and the upstairs could be heated by the boiler. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Comments

• boydenstream
    boydenstream Member Posts: 4
    PS gambrel style house 1700 square feet above basement
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Got pic? Is it a gasification type wood boiler?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • boydenstream
    I don't believe so but I'm pretty clueless about them.
  • hot_rod
    the wood stove in the home will be the easiest way to heat with wood. There is a learning curve to firing a wood boiler keeping it clean and preventing overheating. It will depend on how interactive you want to be with the system
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • boydenstream
    But potentially more efficient? I'm pretty handy
  • hot_rod
    The plus to the boiler is it can replace or supplement the oil fired thru the same distribution, fin tube or air handler. If properly piped together.

Central wood stoves don't always heat all the rooms well.

Wood boilers range anywhere from 40% to low 80% with gasification type. A lot depends on the type of wood and moisture content with firewood.

Get some CO and smoke detectors around the boiler room to be safe, in the living space also..
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA