Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need advice on new furnace and burner, please

Options
damhsa
damhsa Member Posts: 2
edited October 2018 in Oil Heating
I would appreciate opinions on Riello vs Beckett burners.

Also, I am not familiar with Spirit furnaces. The first that I have ever heard of them was the quote I just got. Perhaps someone could give some feedback on them as I haven't found a lot in reviews online.

The other furnace I have a quote on is a Kerr Gemini which I am a bit more familiar with. However, anyone's thoughts on that brand/model would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Spirit oil furnace is built by Thermo Pride as a competitive oil furnace. Thermo Pride also has a top of the line oil furnace called Premier Series. Get the contractor to price their Premier Series oil furnace. Also take a good look at the Regal Star oil furnace built by Boyertown Fuenace Company in Boyertown PA.
    Check the Gauge steel in each heat exchanger and ask what type of steel is used for the heat exchanger. Also ask if when cleaning the oil furnace will the service person be able to clean the complete heat exchanger?
    Beckett and Reillo oil burners are both very good oil burners. Ask the installing heating contractor if they stock parts for both Beckett and Reillo burners? Don’t install a furnace to big for your house because it will short cycle turning on and off to often.
    Robert O'BrienDZorodamhsa
  • damhsa
    damhsa Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @bob eck
    Thank you so much for your input! I am glad to have some info on the Spirit.
    Sadly, I think I have to go with a different company to get a different furnace rather than be able to ask for a different brand/model from this one dealer....with any ease. I did ask about getting something different and he said that he could but followed it up in a way that made me feel like it wasn't really an option for various reasons (one being that we have no backup heat) In fact, most seem to stick with one or two models.
    My other (and maybe best?) option is the Kerr Gemini which is the model of choice with 2 other providers. Both of those use Riello burners.
    I will look at the choices you suggested in case it is an option before I commit.
    Thank you again!