Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless PI-80 rev1 error code F13

My Peerless PINNACLE PI-80 rev1 runs for approximately 20 to 30 minutes and then shuts down and shows error code F13. The manual says to Replace the combustion air fan or Replace the control board in this order. Can anyone tell me how to check if the combustion air fan is the problem? Also I am located in lake county IL. Can anyone provide the name of a company that services home boilers in this area?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Comments

• BlueGreen
    BlueGreen Member Posts: 21
    It sounds like condensate is not draining out of the boiler and causing the flame rod to lose a good signal after running for a while. The boiler needs to be cleaned and the flame rod sanded down. Click on the Find a Contractor link near the top of the page and think you will find a company not to far from you. Any decent hvac company should be able to service and clean your boiler.

Annual cleaning is a must for these boilers. If the boiler has not been draining, you may need new refractories as well if they have gotten water damage.
  • ramrunner
    ramrunner Member Posts: 1
    I am in Lake County, IL as well. Have been running a PI-80 R1 for about 10 years now. Have you resolved your F13 error?