Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Essential Differences

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited September 2018 in THE MAIN WALL

imageEssential Differences

So lads, some advice for you. When you’re selling a heating job, there are a couple of things you need to know.

Read the full story here

Solid_Fuel_Man

Comments

• Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    Options
    Too true.
  • Sal Santamaura
    Sal Santamaura Member Posts: 529
    Options
    I shared this story with my wife of 43 years. She expressed one disagreement and one agreement.

She said I'm correct; Dan is an excellent writer. And she agreed with TLM; Bob should have been called again to confirm the time.

I long ago gave up attempting to make sense of this "essential difference." It just is. Those husbands who vigorously fight it have a very good chance of becoming ex-husbands. :)
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Text messages are the best, as their message remains long after the information has evaporated from our old brains!
    As far as the lady of the house asking questions about the job, she is just trying to become an “informed customer”, and not showing signs of mistrust!—NBC
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    Dan, this story really had me laughing out loud....several times in fact! Mono-tasking, I love it! And it is so true, my wife is always vigorously texting/calling as we are traveling. No news is good news as far as I'm concerned. If anything changes I'll let you know.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Lance
    Lance Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Dan, this is great! You sure you don't have a degree in psychology? I don't even need GPS. My wife knows when and where I will be or should be. I can't track my travel time as good as she does. If you had called, it would have been a 5 second call. If she called it would have been a 50 minute call. That's why they call in advance, so they have time to finish before you pull into the driveway.
  • JK_3
    JK_3 Member Posts: 240
    Options
    I believe that it was you that taught me many years ago that " if the man is the head of the house then the woman would be the neck. She turns the head where she wants it to be " Best to you and TLM.

There was an error rendering this rich post.