Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000 in CT

Options
mytoy95
mytoy95 Member Posts: 8
edited September 2018 in THE MAIN WALL
Has anyone had a System 2000 installed in Southern CT and willing to recommend their contractor? Also, is Beckett the burner everyone uses with System 2000 or any other such as Riello? Thank you.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    At the top of the page, there's a "click here to find a contractor in your area". Since a contractor has to be registered EK dealer, maybe call EK to see if they can find you one.

I dont know what the heat loss of your home is, (do you?) so we dont know which boiler.
    The Frontier has the EK 1, 2, and 3.
    Then there's the Resolute.
    The EK 1 Frontier comes with the Beckett AFG.
    EK 2- Carlin EZ1
    EK3- Beckett CF (I think)

I know you can opt for the Riello over the AFG on the EK 1. I'm partial to the Riello between the 3 choices. I removed the AFG in my WM and installed an F5 Riello when I moved in, in 2002.
    That being said, the Beckett AFG, IMO, is better suited for the EK 1. Never had an issue servicing. Insides are clean every year at maintainence time, always easy to dial in for optimum efficiency.
    I've only run into a few with the Riello and they've been fine as well.

The EZ1, which is a fairly recent change from the 99 on the EK 2 is also a nice combination.

The AFG on the Resolute (90% non condensing) is awesome.

Make sure the contractor brings in outside combustion air. The longer the run, the better. And its required with the Resolute.

P.S. sorry about all the abbrev. and #'s.
    mytoy95
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    No contractor can sell System 2000 without being factory trained, this is a huge plus, any hack can go to any supply house or homesleepo and buy an average boiler.

Energy Kinetics started out by selecting top contractors and training them to install their units and that's all they sell to and I believe each has an area.

I worked for the first company to install them in Ct, most of the problems come from customers switching contractors or oil dealers and get people who do not know what they are doing, the average hack cannot work on these simply because they don't read directions, you know how men refuse to read road maps, etc,?? same mentality.
    mytoy95
  • JoeHNJ
    JoeHNJ Member Posts: 18
    Options
    We have several Authorized Dealers in the Southern CT area. Some of them not covering all cities or towns. Mark Santangelo (msantangelo@energykinetics.com) our Territory Manager can put you in touch with the dealer that covers your particular area.
    Mark Santangelo
    Territory Manager
    Energy Kinetics
    413-575-0210
    Joe Harazim
    Technical Support
    ENERGY KINETICS
    GBartSTEVEusaPAmytoy95Erin Holohan Haskell
  • mytoy95
    Options
    Thanks guys. I appreciate your insights. I have been told it would be an EK1.
    GBart
  • mytoy95
    Options
    Hello, one more question: 40 gal vs 80 gal Hot Water with EK1? House is 2 1/2 baths with 4 occupants. Thanks again.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    Really depends on how much HW you and the family want?

Anyone take a tub? Lots of back to back showers? Laundry and other loads running at the same time?

What size tank do you have now?

Ain't never provided too much HW to a customer. But I have fallen short on a few :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    mytoy95
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    mytoy95 said:

Hello, one more question: 40 gal vs 80 gal Hot Water with EK1? House is 2 1/2 baths with 4 occupants. Thanks again.

I actually have an EK1 with a 20 gal superstor, it gives me @ 200gph of hot water and I fill my 350gal hot tub with it.

What you do is take a 5 gal bucket, measure the height and make a mark half way, that's 2.5 gal, run your shower into it for 1 minute as you would have it set to take a shower, measure how much water and calculate the GPM then X 60 = GPH, add in any showers that happen simultaneously.

The EK1 with a 40 gal heater has a range depending on input of 170-228 GPH of hot water, way more than enough for most families.
    mytoy95
  • mytoy95
    Options
    All, thanks again for your help. I also spoke with Mark Santangelo at EK. He was great to speak with and thoroughly answered all of my questions.
    GBartSTEVEusaPA