Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A Shout Out

Options
Just wanted to recognize a very good company with excellent products and exceptional customer service. I've had an Azel Technologies Digital Dual Temperature Gauge for several years and got another one about a year ago. Recently, one of them died (dead display). I think it was my fault letting the battery go flat and not replacing it or hooking up 24 VAC to it like I did with the other one. I contacted the company after 5:00 PM by email to see if they had any tips for troubleshooting. Not only did I get a reply within an hour, I found out that the warranty is 3 years and since I had the receipt, they would send a new one which I received in a few days. Nice people and very friendly.

Not all companies are like that and I just wanted to say that I appreciate it and recommend their products.

May I ask who is a favorite company of yours?

Larry (Now Retired)

Comments

• GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    Lochinvar. Customer service is unparalleled and the techs actually know their products, unlike so many others. We've got upwards of 200 Lochinvar boilers installed in the Minneapolis area and they are all running like tops, thanks to their superior customer service.
    delta TDZorotim smith
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    I agree, Lochinvar support is very good.
  • nibs
    nibs Member Posts: 511
    Options
    Would like to give a shout out to the people who populate this board.
    That people who have installed hundreds of boilers and systems would talk to a tyro who is struggling through one system is amazing, Thank You.
  • cutter
    cutter Member Posts: 292
    Options

Just wanted to recognize a very good company with excellent products and exceptional customer service. I've had an Azel Technologies Digital Dual Temperature Gauge for several years and got another one about a year ago. Recently, one of them died (dead display). I think it was my fault letting the battery go flat and not replacing it or hooking up 24 VAC to it like I did with the other one. I contacted the company after 5:00 PM by email to see if they had any tips for troubleshooting. Not only did I get a reply within an hour, I found out that the warranty is 3 years and since I had the receipt, they would send a new one which I received in a few days. Nice people and very friendly.

Not all companies are like that and I just wanted to say that I appreciate it and recommend their products.

May I ask who is a favorite company of yours?

Larry (Now Retired)

Azel recommends running #18 gauge stranded wire to their temperature gauge. Do you use stranded wire, if so where did you find it? Are you using wells or did you strap the sensor to a pipe?
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,002
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Agree that Lochinvar has excellent tech. support as that is the most important thing I'm after when I call them. I just wish they would change their "hold" music and I wish they could be more personable when they talk to you. But like you said, their products are excellent and tech. support is responsive.

I like Viessmann's tech. support. The first time you call about a boiler install, you get a case number that goes into their permanent records. If you, the home owner or another tech. ever calls and gives them the case number, they automatically have a history on that boiler. I write the case number on the boiler literature and also on the boiler for everyone to see.

I am also on a first name basis there - that may be a bad thing, huh? But I always have lots of questions as you may have noticed.

Also, important for me on the West Coast is that Viessmann stays open until 5 pm my time.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Ken D.
    Ken D. Member Posts: 836
    Options
    It is always good to see customer service is alive and well. Especially in this day and age.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Options
    Hello Cutter. Azel actually recommends either 18 or 20 gauge for the sensors. I'm using 20 and only have a short amount to add. For the power, I'm using t-stat wire. All works well. Also strap mounted to pipes with foam insulation to cover.

I'll also agree with others here that Lochinvar is a good company with good products. My 10 year old Knight 80 has been a good performing boiler. Using it high temp with fin tube and an indirect. Also should recognize Bradford White as a company that makes good stuff and backs it up.

Larry
  • cutter
    cutter Member Posts: 292
    Options

Hello Cutter. Azel actually recommends either 18 or 20 gauge for the sensors. I'm using 20 and only have a short amount to add. For the power, I'm using t-stat wire. All works well. Also strap mounted to pipes with foam insulation to cover.

I'll also agree with others here that Lochinvar is a good company with good products. My 10 year old Knight 80 has been a good performing boiler. Using it high temp with fin tube and an indirect. Also should recognize Bradford White as a company that makes good stuff and backs it up.

Larry

I have not yet put in my Azel Temperature sensors and read out. Azel did e-mail me and say to use stranded wire. But it looks like it will work either way. Solid wire and stranded. Thanks