Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Press vs black pipe

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
I have the pro press machine, I have 3 boiler jobs coming up, is there any reason I or you wouldn’t use black pipe all the way to the circ pump, including the taco air separator and closely spaced tees? Weil McLain ultra and two cv 9

Comments

• Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Why do you always start multiple threads about the same thing? And no, you can do whatever you’d like. I have precut black nipples that I usually use for my near boiler piping, then press to the existing zone locations. At the same time, though, sometimes I’ll just start with a nipple and fitting/valve, than press from there. It’s up to you.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,673
    Options

Why do you always start multiple threads about the same thing? And no, you can do whatever you’d like. I have precut black nipples that I usually use for my near boiler piping, then press to the existing zone locations. At the same time, though, sometimes I’ll just start with a nipple and fitting/valve, than press from there. It’s up to you.

I suspect it was a mistake, I only see him doing it this one time?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    Use whatever you want. Black is cheaper to buy but far more expensive to install, if your time is worth anything. Personally I won't use press in a boiler room because it's ugly and expensive, but then again I'm the dope that sweats everything so it ends up taking much longer and ultimately costing more anyway. Mostly just a personal preference