Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacement options- Lochinvar Nobel VS Navien

Options
andy_16
andy_16 Member Posts: 12
I Have a 1300 sq' ski Home in Vermont that needs the 45+ yr old oil fire boiler changed, Since it's used only use for short stays, I am considering using a Combi unit for replacement to eliminate heating domestic while we are not there and possible saving on heating efficiency . I did install a 500 gallon Propane tank in anticipating a change over from oil.
I have a Knight boiler in my full time home for the last 11 years, No real problems to speak of except w/ add on computer control system. We have use a Few Lochinvar wall hung boilers and a few Navien units on other jobs. Only problems we have experienced was with a propane Lochinvar unit- main control board with 2 1/2 years of service.
With that being said I was hoping for some input as to install, service and reliability.
Thanks in advance for any input

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    navien is my choice right now then rinnia is my second and Utica would be my third.
    the great thing about navien is they are 24 hour tech support , except holidays , I seem to fix most problems before I call, but I call to tell them what I done.
    Rinnia told me that they have 24 hour tech also if you go threw the prompt