Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Good wishes from The General Society

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
Just got this and wanted to share. It was quite a night.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

FROM

THE GENERAL SOCIETY OF MECHANICS & TRADESMEN
OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK
FOUNDED 1785

Each year, since 1793, the membership of The General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen has been commemorating the signing of the Declaration of Independence by listening to the words of this great document which declared our independence as a free Nation.

The evening of June 27 marked the Society's 226th Commemoration of the Signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Thank you to Mary Westmoreland, Colonel, U.S. Army Ret. for delivering a most inspirational patriotic speech. Colonel Westmoreland
is a decorated combat Veteran with 31 years of service. This includes membership in the U.S. Coast Guard, and later the U.S. Army, both Active and Reserve components. Among her many recognitions are two Legions of Merit, the Bronze Star Medal, five Meritorious Service Medals, and Pace University Dyson School Distinguished Alumna Award.

That same evening, Colonel Mary Westmoreland along with her husband U.S. Air Force Reserve Veteran Gene Westmoreland presented The General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen with the prestigious Seven Seals Award. The Department of Defense presents this award to individuals or organizations for meritorious leadership and initiative in support of the men and women who serve America in the National Guard and Reserve. It was a moment that will go down in the annals of the Society's 233-years of history as one of our most special.

Wishing you and your families a very happy Fourth of July.

With best regards,

Gerard Drohan, Jr.
President
The General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen

Retired and loving it.
Erin Holohan HaskellTinman

Comments

• DanHolohan
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That last photo is our President hold the Seven Seals Award from the Department of Defense. They give it to organizations that support the National Guard and the Reserves through education. Our Mechanics Institute has educated many since 1820.

Colonel Westmoreland, Ret., is the woman in white. Quite a lady.

Victoria Dengel, the lady in red, is our Executive Director. She puts all of this together each year and works harder than anyone I know.

The woman with the polka-dot dress is Michelle DellaFave. She used to travel with Bob Hope on his U.S.O. tours. She was also one of the regulars on the Dean Martin Show.

Tom Szekley is wearing the white suit. He's a Past-President and an engineer. He reads the Declaration each year with such passion that you would think it was 1776. When he finished last Wednesday he was out of breath. He said, "Every time I do that I get more and more pissed at King George."

Very few Americans have read the entire Declaration of Independence. This is a good week to do so.
    Retired and loving it.
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I would have loved to hear that. I will be reading it tomorrow Have a great holiday
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks, Ray. Get furious!
    Retired and loving it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Nice to see you have found a home there among like thinking souls, good on ya.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks, HR. There are some very interesting and accomplished people in The Society. I’m learning a lot.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,299
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all!

President
    HeatingHelp.com

Canucker