Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ECM CIRC For Small System: Head Calc Changes At Varied Flows

Options
2»

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    One last time Richard, show me the false claims I've made. About ANY manufacturer??

My concern is about applying the ∆T concept, as I explained with facts and figures, nothing to do with a or any manufacturer.
    Also the false concept of BTUs not being able to "jump off" fast moving trains, or fluid flows.

I believe if I were making false claims a manufacturer would contact me, they haven't. Steve "∆T" Thompson and I had a nice conversation in Toronto this spring. Odd that he didn't bring up the "false claims" you hallucinate?

I believe I and others in the industry have shown numerous appropriate ways to apply ∆T circulators to their full benefit, and for the reasons contractors asked for them to begin with.

We have shown all brands of circulators in multiple Idronics and explain the pros and cons.

If that is how you define obfuscate, buckle up because I'm going to keep showing the facts and figures :)

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I know when I turn down the speed on my CH pri/sec piped fire tube mod/con I get more condensate due to lower return temps. However that runs the risk of percolation at higher firing rates. More condensate at the same %modulation (I did this by locking modulation rate) would indicate more efficiency. Delta P never changes on a primary pump, so I would guess....just a guess....that a delta T would work at incrementally lowering fuel consumption, although I have not tried applying it. This is all on high mass systems.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    Rich_49
This discussion has been closed.