Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vertical air separators?

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
I've been a bit stuck in my ways, always used a normal Sprirovent. are any of you using the vertical set up? Do they seem to work similarly?
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    I've been using them on some systems and they have worked as advertised. Spirotherm and Caleffi offer them.
    Steve Minnich
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Justed used one and it worked very well!
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,164
    Options
    Thats a good question Gary, I've been wondering about this myself. I'm actually installing a spirovent on my own boiler this weekend along with a Viridian VT2218, changing my near boiler piping so I will be "pumping away". I was looking at the vertical microbubble resorbers, I didn't know they were available in vertical configuration. I would imagine they are just as effective.
    GW
  • Tinman
    Options
    If your space is limited and the supply pipe is coming off the top of the boiler, it's a solid choice to go with.
    Steve Minnich
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    The vertical spirovents just don’t have a tapping for expansion tank/system feed, so you’d need to install a tee below it.
    GW
  • Tinman
    Options
    Here's one in action.

Steve Minnich
    GW
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    yes that's the same email i got. It would be cool if they threw a 1/2" tap into the Right side so would could maybe spin in a nip-90 for an exp tank,
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Agreed, they work great. It has been my experience though, that they will not degas a system quite as quickly as a horizontal one with straight pipe leading in.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Webstone makes some great stuff.... I have used a few of the air separators (horizontal) and I have been less than impressed. Comparing them to the Caleffi they fall short.