Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

SUB zone loops

Options
keyote
keyote Member Posts: 659
I have a back bedroom thats just going to be about 300' 1/2'' without hitting the bathroom so Im stuck with running a whole loop for a 5x8 bathroom , then it occurred to me running across the ceiling on its way to the floor above is a loop i added to the back bedrooom above it. It was an afterthought small half wall panel 4' tall 11' wide because thats the top floor and lots of glaze it seemed maybe it was dragging the apts average down. but of course its a really warm panel being so small on its own loop. and the thought occurred what if i teed off it and picked up the bathroom downstairs. I know this is sometimes done with mini manifolds to pick up distant zones but its just seemed kinda gaboyky you lose the manifolds flow control a bit and you have this restriction mid loop that you hope is balanced between each branch triggers my OCD bigtime. But i think its actually going to end up being the same length for both branches from the tee and i suppose they have those mini manifold tees in large enough diameters its not really a constriction or no one would use them. still worries me but can anyone tell me if this would work and how best to do it? thanks