Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ray boilers....

Options
Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
The ones I got were Pre-Ray. 200i.

9 years old. Both leaked HX. One they swap, one they want $2800 and I pay shipping. Installed 2 weeks apart, 10 years in Dec.

I know many refrain from throwing out names, but MESTEK is a joke of a company that put out a garbage product and refuses to provide any customer service or insight as to why warranty one and not the other. They seem to be proud they even make it 10 years.

Either too big or they just actually don’t care. Either way, never ever again. Hope your experience is better than mine.
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    I had a customer who had one.
    It leaked and they replaced.
    They had huge wiring issues and they came and replaced the entire harness.
    Provided some parts at no charge.
    2 years later I was there for a simple bathroom issue and asked me to look at the boiler....huge crack.
    To my amazement they did give a good credit to the boiler through my supplier.
    They did not install another.
    I do like their baseboard lines....
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options
    On the two I installed, one had zero gasket between collector and HX. House smelled like gas, but that was checked off on the inspection sheet from factory. Blower failure, a couple interface control modules, both igniters drooped and were redesigned, and so on. Now a flat refusal to replace their garbage. One, yes. One, no reply. Weeks apart.
    Just a guy running some pipes.