Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Buderus GB 142 shuts off, code 4A, code 2 18, P 117

decocumberdecocumber Posts: 1Member
I built my home in Windsor, MA 2006-2007. Moved in in June ‘07. Had Buderus GB 142 with IDHW. Ran ok for about 6 yrs. Then started having constant problems. Changed service providers, and they months or so, then some of same problems. They were and are a Buderus service provider. Any idea of who in Western Massachusetts knows what they’re doing on this complicated box. Seems like it cost me $500 to $700 every time something goes wrong. Would I be better off just getting a more reliable boiler rather than trying to keep fixing this “High Efficiency “ one?

Comments

• PhilDavidPhilDavid Posts: 63Member
    Rip it out. My company installed a bunch of them and they’ve been nothing but a nightmare for us and our customers. They leak water from factory connections and ruin the manifold below. I’ve seen the bottom door gasket fail usually in the corners and leak enough flue gas to rot anything near it. Can’t say how many heat exchangers I’ve replaced under warranty. And I don’t want to hear any crap about water conditioning. The Veissman Vitodens and HTP Elites we installed have held up fine.