Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB 142 shuts off, code 4A, code 2 18, P 117

decocumber
decocumber Member Posts: 1
I built my home in Windsor, MA 2006-2007. Moved in in June ‘07. Had Buderus GB 142 with IDHW. Ran ok for about 6 yrs. Then started having constant problems. Changed service providers, and they months or so, then some of same problems. They were and are a Buderus service provider. Any idea of who in Western Massachusetts knows what they’re doing on this complicated box. Seems like it cost me $500 to $700 every time something goes wrong. Would I be better off just getting a more reliable boiler rather than trying to keep fixing this “High Efficiency “ one?

Comments

• PhilDavid
    PhilDavid Member Posts: 68
    Rip it out. My company installed a bunch of them and they’ve been nothing but a nightmare for us and our customers. They leak water from factory connections and ruin the manifold below. I’ve seen the bottom door gasket fail usually in the corners and leak enough flue gas to rot anything near it. Can’t say how many heat exchangers I’ve replaced under warranty. And I don’t want to hear any crap about water conditioning. The Veissman Vitodens and HTP Elites we installed have held up fine.
  • Ricardohernandez
    Ricardohernandez Member Posts: 1
    Yo he instalado varios equipos en México y nunca he tenido mayores problemas. Recomiendo dar un mantenimiento preventivo anual para no tener problemas. Saludos
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    We know those boilers pretty well. What town are you in? 4A seems to be temp sensor but on one occasion I recall it was the boiler pump or system pump.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Hello @Ricardohernandez
    I don't know Spanish but it looks like you recommend annual maintenance to prevent major problems.

This thread is 2 years old but your input (maybe with translation) with ongoing threads might be useful.

Where in Mexico are you located and what type of HVAC equipment do you install and or service?
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    edited March 2020
    Wow didn’t see this was an old one, if anyone needs me tag me, signing off on this one
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com