Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Camus Ceraflame

Options
Khilbeck
Khilbeck Member Posts: 2
We recently installed a Camus Ceraflame 450 and have had constant problems with it since it has been installed. Despite over 32 hours of technician time from the Camus representative here we are still plagued with FL and FP codes with which indicate flame proving and flame loss. This halts burner operation until the ignition control retries after a few minutes. The local factory rep technicians seem to be competent but have limited technical information on the boiler. The manual supplied with the boiler was useless trying to diagnose the problems. The manual did not even have a troubleshooting section listing the error codes. Constant efforts by local factory reps, adjusting gas pressure and air flow have not eliminated the problem. The Camus reps here in this area seem tired of working on the thing and seem to be getting no help from Camus. The local service manager takes my calls, says someone will contact me, but no call. In the meantime I have a skilled nursing wing here that has intermittent hot water problems. Has anyone had a similar problem and arrived at a solution?

Comments

• GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    Not a lot available on that unit on the net. Looks like a spark to pilot, not sure which control it has but unless the control has the feature getting a flame signal can be impossible, you could have a ground issue going to the unit/burner, you may not be losing the flame just the flame rectification signal which depends on a good ground from the spark ignitor assembly all the way back to mother earth.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    Not much help here. We installed 3 Camus boilers on one job. Don't remember the model. Nothing but problems
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    edited March 2018
    Options
    We had the same issue with two Camus Micoflames on one job. Looks like they use the same burner.

We had to replace the burners and rebuild the gas train to get them to fire. One and done.
  • Khilbeck
    Khilbeck Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I ended up having to contact Camus tech service, and tell them the local rep could not fix the boiler before they would transfer me to their tech service. (When I called in the past they refused to talk to me insisting I call the local rep, even to answer a question) He knew of my problem and told me he was shipping a gasket to the local rep and that would solve our problem. Magically the local service manager called me soon after my call to Camus and scheduled a technician for next week to effect the repair.
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    has anyone checked the gas pressure?, has anyone checked the location of the spark as related to the rail, has anyone checked the module?, has anyone checked the gas valve? , even tho this is a new system parts do fail!!!! so dont overlook the obvious!!!, what brain dead person wanted to install that burner anyway,lol, lots of problems with that line
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    Certainly have the circuit supplying this boiler checked, as many mod-con boilers with sophisticated electronics are sensitive to the quality of the electricity supply.
    How was this boiler selected? The experiences of the pros here seem to indicate a long history of reliability problems.
    Have your local installers had any good experience with this make?
    Our advice to people here is usually: choose a local hydronic/steam expert, and then follow his advice as to boiler selection, not only because of brand reliability, but also local availability of spare parts.
    Your experience can be a lesson for all of us.—NBC
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    So the gas enters what is called the mix tube and then the gas air mix is drawn up into the burner by the fan. Seems it could easily clog with lint and debris.