Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HVAC MARKET SEGMENTS QUESTION

Options
jerfisher
jerfisher Member Posts: 5
Hello!
I'm doing research into growing HVAC market segments and would like your opinion.

If you had $1 million to spend on starting a new business in the HVAC industry, what would you do? What HVAC niche would you go after?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If I had a million I would sit on my butt and put the $$ in the stock market.

You know what they say contractors who have money do with it?

Stay in business until it is gone.

Be a CONTROLS contractor if you must be a contractor.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    How about doing nice installation work meaning ducts sealed externally wrapped w anything but bubble wrap ,sized properly ducts and more then 1 return for starters .the list to just do it right and have well paid workers that are keepers and enjoy doing quality work .Please remenber saying your guys will do the right thing to the GC or HO is not the same as when its done in most cases .Also how about crews that know what there doing not a bunch of so called mech ,there so called mech cause there boss charges the custermers for a mech there,s never a helper charge cause there all mech from the 1 st day .LOL .I also agree w ED take the money and run sounds like most GC when your looking to get paided .peace and ood luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating