Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

paint B.B.

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
I want to paint my B.B. covers to Bright white, I painted the rest of the room green with white trim, the B.B now is an almond color. what paint should I use? there is no rust.
GO.......................

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    It never looks right painted. Hopefully someone knows a solution.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I've used automotive paint for CI rads. Local automotive parts store and they will mix up any color and put into a spray can. Been 5 years, and they have been exposed to 190 degree water a few times :#
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I would use an appliance epoxy in a spray can that you can buy at Home Depot or Lowe's. Several lite coats are much better than one heavy coat. Don't worry about full coverage on the first coat. Clean the old paint on the baseboard with lacquer thinner and a rag to remove any grease before you spray the new paint.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,709
    Options
    They need to be absolutely spotless before you paint. If you decide to use the spray appliance epoxy as Homer recommended be warned it stays soft for a long time.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Check out the new SlantFin replacement cover system. Supposed to be available in colors. I saw a piece at the CMPX show this week, looks to be a top quality, heavy gauge system.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    ^ Sweet!
    According to the video- the replacement covers are aluminum... no more rust!