Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IBC boiler noise

Options
whistler
whistler Member Posts: 2
Hi there,
I am a homeowner with a fairly new IBC boiler. Has anyone dealt with the boiler making loud "explosion" noise once in a while (I am assuming when it starts up)? I have been having a really hard time finding someone to really fix it. Everyone who has looked at it keeps telling me everything is OK, but seriously I am afraid that "explosion" will bring the whole house down one day. I am pretty sure it is not supposed to be making that noise. I tried calling the manufacturer but was again referred to one local company who hasn't been able to deal with this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    it sounds like a set up issue. Did they leave a combustion print out of the unit? If not I would find another company, maybe look here on this site to see if anyone is in your area..
  • whistler
    whistler Member Posts: 2
    Options
    The saddest part is that I am up in Canada, and there is only 1 company in my area and they haven't been able to address the issue. I am 2 hours from the head office but that doesn't seem to help either.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    PM sent on a guy who works for IBC in the Vancouver area. Good guy! He will be able to help (fingers crossed). Tell him you got his cell from a Leprechaun on St Patty's Day;)
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    if they get on the horn with tech support while on site. with an analyzer they will walk them through not only setup but programming. They are excellent and will help tune it in nicely..
    DZorokcopp
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Agree with the above comments, don't waste your time if they don't have a combustion analyzer, gas pressure test equipment, and are willing to call IBC.
    Post a picture of the system if you can.
    D
  • invermont
    invermont Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Ineterseted if this was resolved or not.
  • tomtom22
    tomtom22 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    This IBC SL20-160G3 was installed twice over the past four to five months and has never worked properly. This is the main issue something about Check SIM status. Any ideas? My patience is running out.
  • tomtom22
    tomtom22 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I should add that by resetting the error codes the boiler cycles and turns back on but we really should not have to be doing that. There is also now an issue that it does not accelerate up to its 160mmbtu nkw and stays in the low phase permanently 20mmbtu.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    Are there any other gas appliances behaving strangely in the house? Maybe there could be a problem with the gas line/regulator not allowing enough flow.
    If they have replaced the original boiler with another new one, then the problem would seem to lie in the parts which were not changed: gas supply, outdoor reset wiring/sensor, or electric wiring, (faulty neutral?).—NBC
    kcopp
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Have you contacted tech support? Sounds like you need to have a conversation and maybe a visit from a rep.
  • SuperJ
    SuperJ Member Posts: 609
    edited March 2018
    Options
    tomtom22 said:

This IBC SL20-160G3 was installed twice over the past four to five months and has never worked properly. This is the main issue something about Check SIM status. Any ideas? My patience is running out.

I was on a job a couple months with some IBC boilers and the exact same message (installed and configured by others) that needed a SIM replacement. Apparently it was a known issue or recall. I think a power cycle would make it work again until the electronic part was replaced. So definitely check directly with IBC they seemed to be aware of the solution immediately.