Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

24VAC Device to create an extra isolated end switch

Parachute Member Posts: 25
I guess I could use a 2 pole contactor or a single zone valve relay. But the contactor is loud and an extra zone controller seems like overkill. I just need something to close an unpowered circuit (like an isolated end switch) when 24VAC is applied to the device.


    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,635
    RIB relay #RIBU1C, has a coil that will take 24v ac or dc or 120v ac. Has 1 set of single pole double throw contacts so you can use it with 1 nc contact or 1 no contact
    rick in Alaska
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,271
    RIBs are quiet. or an induction relay on the 120 load
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,704
    RIB !
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
  • Parachute
    Parachute Member Posts: 25
    Thanks, all. Just ordered it.