Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How to properly adjust the pressuretrol

Options
Hello everyone. I wanted to say thank you in advance to all the great ideas and knowledge shared on this site. So I am in the process of adjusting my pressuretrol to have a cut in of 0.5 and cut out of 1.5 psi, as I have read many times this is the most ideal for these kind of pressuretrols. I also know that these "moneywells" are known to be incorrectly calibrated from the factory and I confirmed that with my little bench test. I wanted to adjust the pressure cut in/cut out which is adjusted by a 0.05 allen wrench (waiting to get) and I believe I can adjust the front dial to reflect the actual working pressures by the screw on the top. So my questions are
#1- are my assumptions about how to actually adjust this thing correct
#2- is there a good trick to getting the lock tight off the nut, I tried acetone with no luck\
#3- Is there any other ideas I should be aware of that I may have missed.

Thank you!

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Yes, your assumptions are correct. The best way I have found to get the lock tight off is to use a soldering iron. The heat will melt it. Sometimes, if you are lucky, you can turn the little set screw without any effort to remove the lock tight.
    midiman143
  • midiman143
    midiman143 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Thank you for the reply @Fred !