Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prehistoric Monitor Top?

nicholas bonham-carter
nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
edited February 2018 in THE MAIN WALL
Even older than Chrisj’s-they just don’t build things to last like this now!—NBC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5371479/An-Iron-Age-FRIDGE-discovered-Isle-Lewis.html
ChrisJ

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    @nicholas bonham-carter , Did you intend to include a picture?
  • Mike Cascio
    Mike Cascio Member Posts: 143
    edited February 2018
    Can't kill the Monitor top. Mine is still going strong after 83years.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,553
    > @Mike Cascio said:
    > Can kill the Monitor top. Mine is still going strong after 83years.

That looks like a 1936 model.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    edited February 2018
    Our 1950’s Norge stove-still going strong, except for the temperature marks on the oven dial, which are worn off.
    The stainless steel top matches the 1920 stainless steel counter tops perfectly.—NBC
  • Mike Cascio
    Nice Stove!

Chris, do you know what year the clock is from. I was thinking somewhere close to 1930 but am not sure. I bought the monitor top off the granddaughter of the original owner. She kept her grandmothers house which was built in 1929 with all of its contents.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,553

Nice Stove!

Chris, do you know what year the clock is from. I was thinking somewhere close to 1930 but am not sure. I bought the monitor top off the granddaughter of the original owner. She kept her grandmothers house which was built in 1929 with all of its contents.

I can try to find out.
    I want to say they were given away as advertising during the early years, 1927-28ish? But I'm not an expert on the clocks. Does it still run? The clock I mean........... The CK machine you have from 1936 it's almost a given that it runs. :)

I have a restored 1933 in my kitchen.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Mike Cascio
    The clock and the ck work perfect. Even the defrost function works.