Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help with system design, please

Options
2»

Comments

• tbrooks
    tbrooks Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi guys, it's been a minute. We actually moved into the house in sept 2018. Still haven't made anymore progress with the heating system, but the rest of the house is pretty much complete.

We've just been using a small wall mount lp heater, and it keeps the whole house mostly comfortable. I am wanting to try and move forward with the system, and hopefully get it all installed by next winter. I've got about 3k saved up now, and am going to start looking into boilers again.

Last I recall I was thinking about the htp Phoenix Ld, I think there was a b&g circulator with a very low output, and a fphx somewhere to get my dhw worked in. Still not sure if it's better on the domestic or heat side.

Mainly I just wanted to see if you guys had any input on any new lp boilers out there that would be worth looking into. Something with some buffer is definitely a must. Otherwise I think I'll be getting the Phoenix Ld soon, and start thinking more about other components from there.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,192
    Options
    I have had a Phoenix for years, one of the original Solar Phoenix versions, Quiet, dependable, excellent high mass appliance. I recently gifted it to a neighbor, still running fine.

Not many other options. The Bradford White Combi 2 with the large steel coil is special order from what I hear, but it is not a condensing type device.

Years ago I use Polaris tank style dedicated to radiant. A plate HX could be added for radiant, the tank for DHW.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Rich_49