Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Polypropylene plastic chimney liner kits and their hard pipe for venting condensing equipment

bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
Is anyone using the plastic polypropylene chimney liner kits or the hard pipe for venting condensing boilers, combi boilers or water heaters.

I am familiar with the Innoflue product and I also know DuraVent has a Polypro product are there any other on the market.

I know when using the Innoflue polypropylene plastic liner kit you must use their hard pipe from appliance to the plastic chimney liner kit. You can not run PVC or CPVC SCH 80 from appliance to the polypropylene chimney liner kit. It all needs to be Innoflue hard pipe and fittings and then their liner kit system.

Is there another polypropylene liner kit that allows the contractor to run PVC or CPVC SCH 80 from appliance to the polypropylene plastic liner kit? I know best practic is to run all polypropylene pipe and plastic vent kit.

I also saw the DuraVent Polypro plastic liner kit is approved to run up in an old Bvent piping. Is Innoflue approved for this type of installation?

Any problems using polypropylene product for venting condensing equipment?

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    The reason PP is used is because it's rated as a vent pipe. PVC is not. If you're using PP, vent all the way with the product. It's not that pricey and it's the correct material for the job. I've been using it for over 12 years.
    kcopp
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    just make sure to follow the instructions on the base adapter and mounting plate. Had a few that weren't done properly. PP all the way, easier and safer than pvc...
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    Here in NH you are not allowed to mix venting materials.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Under the S636 standard, PVC S636 is an approved venting material. It costs less than PP.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Just be careful with your venting lengths
    4 inch is slightly smaller as it’s metric I believe, boiler manufacturers may not approve the Same length in pp if your vent is not Long this is not an issue