Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham MegaSteam / Honeywell R7184P - Blower does not shut off.

Options
rithmik
rithmik Member Posts: 1
I have Burnham MegaSteam boiler that was installed about 6 years ago.
It has a Honeywell R7184P control unit on the burner.
It has a valve-on delay, and a motor-off delay.
It's been trouble free until a few weeks ago when the blower motor did not shut off at the end of the cycle.
I used the emergency switch to shut it off until i had time to investigate.
When i turned it back on later, it began functioning normally again.
However, it's happened again and this time it will not stop running.
Every time i turn the emergency switch back on, the motor starts blowing air again.
If the thermostat calls for heat, it will fire up and go through the normal heat cycle. But the motor will not shut off at the end of the cycle. When the call for heat has ended.
I can hear what sounds like a relay clicking inside the R7184 controller every 15 seconds. But it never shuts down. I'm considering replacing it with a R7284U but i want to make sure that the old controller is at fault before I replace it. Is there any way to troubleshoot the R7184 with a multimeter to confirm it is at fault?
Or does anyone have any recommendations on how to troubleshoot an "always on" condition.
There's lots of information on the "wont start" or "wont stay running" condition, but not the "always on" condition.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    There's not a whole lot to check. You can pull the wire to the burner motor. If it has terminal to the motor has power when it shouldn't, you'll have to change the primary control.

There was an error rendering this rich post.