Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Noble Troubles

heidleml
heidleml Member Posts: 34
edited February 2018 in THE MAIN WALL
I have installed quite a few Noble combi unis this year. On the last two installs however, the boiler circulator was stuck. Called tech support and they told me to take circulator out and free up the rotor. The guy knew right away what the problem was. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem...
Also, if this happens again I may try and get some warranty labor out of Lochinvar.

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,796
    Shoot is that good or bad he knew what it was. Don’t bite the hand too hard
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    I have put in quite a few. Yes had some stick. Only had to remove the pump on one unit, it was installed backwards (not facing the front). I couldn't get to the vent screw. They do use a grunfos pump and usually make sure to purge the air out and that seems to do the trick. But too learned the hard way first, air seems to be a issue getting out of the boilers, I think they should also use a air vent on top like the others do.
    A lot of purging does seem to get the job done.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    With some of these units the piping almost makes it some you need to pop the relief valve. The IBC HC/DC units are like that.
    DZoro
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    I sold a Knoble to a heating contractor he installed the combi boiler started it and he had steam coming out the air vent. He told me the pump inside the boiler the wire was not connected.