Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Logamatic Reading 210 degrees

Options
MattRub
MattRub Member Posts: 1
I have a Logamatic R2017 controlling a Buderus Logano G215 oil-fired burner. The boiler temp display is fluctuating between a reading of 210 (which is clearly wrong) and 125-140. This changes every few seconds. The physical thermometer on the boiler supply line shows about 120-130 which is the actual temp. In auto mode the boiler shuts off whenever the temp reads 210 and then tries to refire for a few seconds whenever the actual temp is read. Oddly I'm not getting a boiler sensor error. I've put it into manual mode for now and set the aquastat to 140 to get heat back in the house (it's 20 degrees outside). Is this a user-fixable problem or do I need to call a tech? Also how long can I keep the unit in manual mode? It's the weekend and I'd prefer to avoid an emergency call if possible. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,844
    Options
    Certainly sounds like an internal problem with the 2107. When you switch to manual, you need to turn the left side dial to 140
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,795
    Options
    Check the thermistor that is inserter in the well , black wire leading back to the control.... I believe it's an 10ohm if you know how to check with the chart ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,695
    Options
    what big Ed said. and there's no reason why you can't eek it out till normal hours, save some money.

For the love of all things good, make sure the company you call is familiar with that control.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    SuperTech