Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus G115 heating err

Options
toddeme
toddeme Member Posts: 4
Hi there. I’m new here and I’m looking for some help with my 18 yr old Buderus G115 with Riello burner and Ecomatic HS 2105 control. Recently the boiler has randomly been not firing and the control display reads “Heating Err”. When you hit the reset it fires right up and runs fine. It’s serviced annually by a local oil company. When it fires up it may be fine for a week or a few days. Any Google searches that I have done don’t really seem to show anything for this particular control. I’m a licensed pipefitter and plumber and my background is commercial work. Does anyone out there know how to read the error codes? I haven’t tried to run it off of the manual aquastat yet to see if that helps. These intermittent problems are the worst!! I could resort to calling my oil company but I feel like I should be able to fix it on my own. I’m in Massachusetts and we’re right in the middle of peak heating season so I’m sure it will be difficult to get a quick response from the oil company. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,799
    Options
    Do you mean Burner Err ? And youare resetting the oil burner ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,846
    Options
    If you need to reset the Riello, the error code is moot. You know it's a burner problem. The code doesn't tell you what's wrong with the burner.
    Call your oil company. It could be anything, from mechanical to oil related. Have them go over everything.
  • toddeme
    Options
    No, it doesn’t say burner err it says heating err. I’m not sure if it would be a burner issue because I feel like if that was the case it wouldn’t run for a week without a problem. I’m thinking that it’s probably not sensing the boiler temperature correctly. But I certainly would not rule out a burner problem. I was hoping that someone else ran into something similar. I guess a call to the oil company is in order. Thanks for the input guys!
  • Big Ed_4
    Options
    Heating Err / the control senses no rise in temperature .. Burner is not firing ...

• toddeme
    Options
    Big Ed - the puzzling thing is that when the control display shows the error you can scroll through the display and it will show the boiler temperature. I’m really baffled by the whole thing. I’m not overly familiar with oil burners at all. I know enough to be able to change the nozzle etc so maybe I will try it and see. I just feel like if the nozzle was bad the burner would progressively get worse and eventually not fire. This problem has been going on for roughly a month with no rhyme or reason for when it trips out on error. Could it be a cad cell eye? I might just get one and change it when I do the new nozzle. Thanks again!
  • heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Big ed is correct. The error on that control is saying it called for heat and after 20-30 min the boiler didn't heat up at all. Are you reseting the oil burner button. I am servicing one of the hs2105 and I am having intermittent problem with the relay for burner heat. That being said you can enter test mode with the 2105 and test the burner on-off through that 2105 to look for problems easier. Question for others that 2105 is hooked up to aquastat also, anyone know how that ties into the 2105 controller. In very tight and cold crawl space. Tried to figure out how the temp dial on the 2105 ties into boiler well. I know on the 2107's it has a bulb that goes to the boiler well, I didn't see it going from temp dial to well, but thinking it has to ?. Problem I have is wasn't lighting burner even though flame icon was on in 2105. This boiler had gas train and when switch to manual override the burner fired right away. It worked when I left but never like not knowing exactly how or why it didn't work, and now does. How is the aquastat and 2105 work together?
  • Big Ed_4
    Options
    Normaly if the eye is bad , it would trip out right away ... It will be hard to tell another where to look from here ... An experienced oil tech would pick up clues where to check from sound ,sight , smells and knowing the system in place .. It will be cheaper to know then to guess ...

• toddeme
    Options
    Well, hopefully I’ve got it fixed. I was able to get a service technician from our company to come check it out the other day. When we took the nozzle out he said he could tell just by looking at the electrodes that they were not properly set and were too close to the nozzle. We changed the nozzle and pump screen while we were right there, set the electrodes correctly and tested the cad cell eye. It fired right up and has been problem free so far. It even fires off much smoother than before. At the very least I can rule out the burner being the problem. I guess time will tell!
  • Big Ed_4
    Options
    Much better then an guess ? .. Warm Winter .