Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is This Post/Poll Allowed?

Options
2»

Comments

• AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610
    Options
    That looks Awesome!!!
    I knew I picked the right one.
    New England SteamWorks
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Fantastic!
    New England SteamWorks
  • brandonf
    brandonf Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Good you picked the one I liked. Lol
    Homeowner, Entrepreneur, Mechanic, Electrician,

"The toes you step on today are connected to the butt you'll have to kiss tomorrow". ---Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,199
    Options
    A great looking design, and truck!

Put a QR on the back somewhere also so when cars are behind you at a stop light they can snap a pic.

I imagine that rear end will get a lot of attention :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Canucker
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,695
    Options
    I may do a wrap, just got me a new ride, does the wrap vendor do the art work? Thanks
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • New England SteamWorks
    Options
    Yes, they can. Some better than others obviously.
    New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    How do you like the Sprinters? As our Econolines age out it has been a big question what will replace them as GM is the only one seeming to make a full size van. I've seen the Mercedes have rust problems with about 10 years on them.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • NTL1991
    NTL1991 Member Posts: 103
    Options
    Fantastic designs! Either is sure to grab attention. For your new clients, it's a great first impression. Shows that you have a real attention to detail. I'll be looking for you around here!
    Nick, Cranston, RI
  • New England SteamWorks
    Options

How do you like the Sprinters? As our Econolines age out it has been a big question what will replace them as GM is the only one seeming to make a full size van. I've seen the Mercedes have rust problems with about 10 years on them.

I ruled out any vans without 72"+ headroom. Then I went by cubic foot capacity & weight. There is no van is big as the Sprinter, both in weight and cube. The closest runner-up is the Ford Transit. But we needed all we could get, so: Sprinter.

And then there is mileage. The Sprinter has a diesel, but you would never know it. It is the quietest diesel you ever heard, and they did it without soundproofing the engine compartment. It is so quiet that the dealer warned me that they get 2 or 3 ruined Sprinters in a month because someone filed them with gasoline.

The mileage is excellent. So is fit and finish, and attention to little details that contractors appreciate. The entire vehicle is very well thought-out. As @unclejohn mentioned, normally our dashes are a mess with parts and papers, etc. The designers of Sprinter knew this about us, and there is storage everywhere up front for all that stuff.

I heard the rust rumors too. Seems a little strange that a Mercedes, of all vehicles, would have a premature rust problem. But I don't plan to keep it for 10 years!

But my conclusion after a great deal of research is there are only two choices: Sprinter & Transit.

P.S. We ruled out utility bodies because 1. The added width often would restrict our access in old (read: steam) neighborhoods, and 2. Those outside lockers are great in summer, -not so much in February!

New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com
    Solid_Fuel_Man