Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Issues with & Replacement of Honeywell L8148E Aquastat
We have a Honeywell L8148E that has started to act up and in.
We are planning to change it ourselves, but we have few questions:
- Actually, it stops sometimes and when the thermostat kicks in, sometimes it clicks sometimes no, we switch the power off-on, and it usually comes back for a cycle or two.
- the maximum temperature now is set to 180F
- To check whether the issue is coming from the relay, I did test T-TV it gives 24v, TV to W gives 24V as well. But nothing passed to the burner (B1-B2)
The reference indicated in the cover is only L8148E but while looking to buy a replacement I found many differents other sub references, (L8148E -1257, L8148E -1265,...) how could I know the one to buy (the transform is 24V when it works)?
Thanks for help
- 113.3K All Categories
- 81.4K THE MAIN WALL
- 2.5K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 37 Biomass
- 394 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 2.7K Controls
- 1.4K Domestic Hot Water
- 3.9K Gas Heating
- 101 Geothermal
- 135 Indoor-Air Quality
- 2.4K Oil Heating
- 33 Pipe Deterioration
- 589 Plumbing
- 4.4K Radiant Heating
- 335 Solar
- 12.4K Strictly Steam
- 40 Water Quality
- 549 Buy, Sell, Barter
- 19 Industry Classes
- 54 Job Opportunities
- 8 Recall Announcements