Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any IBC fans?

Options
invermont
invermont Member Posts: 73
Had a company come out to look at my failing buderus system. Not the gb’s fault. Crappy installer. He mentioned replacing it with a HC series. Like every boiler it’s on the installer. Just wondering if anybody has experience with these and wants to give a little feedback. Pos or neg.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Yes... I am.
    Its my Favorite boiler.
    Simple design. Solid HX.

invermont
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Where you located in Vt? Its funny you ask about the boiler, I hope you are checking references on the installer because as you mentioned a bad install means boiler won't last.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • invermont
    Options
    Tom, I'm in the Manchester area. The company that came over and looked at my system is considered the best around. I'm lucky they even came over because they are extremely hard to get. My neighbor Is good friends with the owner. They do a lot of high end commercial and residential and have the training and tools for servicing. A lot of one hit wonders in this area of the state. Install and never come back
  • Tom_133
    Options
    I understand that, Im in Montpelier so servicing would be tough. Happy to answer any questions that you may have when you want an
    unbiased answer.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • invermont
    Options
    > @Tom said:
    > I understand that, Im in Montpelier so servicing would be tough. Happy to answer any questions that you may have when you want an
    > unbiased answer.

Thanks Tom. The installer was thinking hs 20-125. He has to run some numbers first. It's replacing a buderus gb series a 60 which is way oversized for my house. I know pricing isn't allowed in here, but I was wondering if it's in the ballpark of what I paid for the gb. Can't find any pricing online. Just trying to alleviate the shock!
  • Tom_133
    Options
    I don't think I want to get into what you should or shouldn't pay. Just make sure you do your homework, do a heat loss using a free app like slant fin so you know what you need for Btu's and ask all the wallies here what they think of the piping plan, or control strategies.

Remember also, that mod con boilers, need maintenance, good water, piped right, and setup right with a combustion analyzer also correct venting to do their job right.

Happy to help where I can.
    Tom
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    invermont
  • invermont
    Options
    Tom said:

I don't think I want to get into what you should or shouldn't pay. Just make sure you do your homework, do a heat loss using a free app like slant fin so you know what you need for Btu's and ask all the wallies here what they think of the piping plan, or control strategies.

Remember also, that mod con boilers, need maintenance, good water, piped right, and setup right with a combustion analyzer also correct venting to do their job right.

Happy to help where I can.
    Tom

Thanks Tom, still waiting for the estimate. He also mentioned about putting on some type of a filter in the system. Something about keeping the water as clean as possible. Guess we will wait and see. My wife is going to divorce me on this one! Ha ha