Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New SelecTemp type Heater Replacement?

Options
VinceS
VinceS Member Posts: 1
Need ideas in either replacing SelecTemp units or find parts for repairing about 15 units. Maybe someone have a few new units in storage they are willing to part with. The steam supply lines are 3/8" OD and the return lines are 1/4" OD both copper tubing. Boiler runs at about 6 psi. The SelecTemp units are fairly compact and I'm needing to find something that will fit in their place. Turbonics' cabinet units are large relatively speaking compared to the SelecTemp units. Perhaps our experts know of what is a good replacement unit for these SelecTemp units or know if they are repairable by someone in the country.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,523
    Options
    depends on what is wrong with it. Turbonics bought the rights to the Iron Fireman select temp I believe.

You need to talk with @gerry gill who posts on this site. He is the select temp expert. Maybe you can send him a message

If it's not leaking fan bearings are usually the issue
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    i think we emailed already. The only place i knew to get parts was Ebay...What we do is replace the units with beacon morris heaters.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,523
    Options
    Oh, I didn't think of Beacon.