Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

R2107 settings suggestion help

Hi, I’m looking for some suggestions to help maximize my entire system heating system efficiency. I want to make sure I’m using the r2107 correctly for my situation. Here is an overview of my heating system and house. I have a Oil fired Buderus Logano 215 with a Riello burner that is around six years old. I have an indirect Super Stor water tank and five zones with Grundfos Alpha circulators. We have a 2,800 sq ft colonial up here in the northeast that is very well insulated with base boards heat. We also have a three year old Harman pellet stove insert that can pretty much heat the entire house. This year we’ve been using it mostly on the weekends and after work for the most part. I can get my way around the r2107 easy enough, but I’d love some help on the correct settings. We basically have the five thermostats set to around 65 both day and night. Occasionally we turn certain zones down to 63 and some up to 67-68 max. I’m not trying to be cheap, but that’s what the wife and kids like it at. So here are my current setting on the r2107 pretty much standard. The Ref temp 167, boiler max 176, offset 2 degree, and day temp 70 and night 65, heating curve1. First off I’m guessing that maybe I should lower the day setting to 68. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your help.

Comments

• Northeastern
    Northeastern Member Posts: 3
    Anyone?
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,284
    That thing's a mess. I'm done fighting with the Logamatic since I pulled a couple out and replaced them with tekmar controls about 12 years ago.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Northeastern
    Northeastern Member Posts: 3
    Are you referring to my settings or just the r2107 in general? Not to many boiler guys in my area are really familiar with them. I called Bosch/Buderus customer service, but they won’t talk to the home owner which I think is terrible.
    They give you a general settings in the manual, but I was just wanted to see if I should tweak them a little bit for my particular set up or just leave it. I like to try and educate myself on the stuff in my house.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,796
    I’m pretty good with the 2107. What are you trying to achieve? Your post doesn’t seem to suggest anything is needed, at all.

There are opposing forces to consider; outdoor reset and fast recovery are opposite of each other. So many people don’t understand that simple fact.

I’m not a huge proponent of outdoor reset combined with light-mass fin tube baseboard. But it’s good and normally saves some fuel.

You could consider using the BFU for your “warmest” zone for true European style “constant circulation “ heating.

Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com