Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

When installing condensing boilers / condensing combi boilers are you using the following?

bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
When installing condensing boilers / condensing combi boilers are you using the following?
Are you installing P/S piping kits like Webstone if available or needed for the brand boiler that you use?
Are you installing dirt magnet separators?
Are you venting with PVC, CPVC or Polypropylene?
Are you installing Hydraulic Separator like the Caleffi 4 in 1 with dirt magnetic?
Are you flushing the system with cleaner and then adding treatment chemicals after installation?

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    I generally try and use brand specific piping kits with the boiler if available. Otherwise I always prefer to pipe p/s. I've never had luck piping in and out. I only use seperators on cast iron baseboard. I do install them if the manual specify it be installed. In NH you cannot vent a boiler with PVC. I try for Poly to make life easy..We flush every system, but I generally dont use a treatment...It's not something that is thought of very often by our salesman...
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    bob eck said:

Are you installing P/S piping kits like Webstone if available or needed for the brand boiler that you use?
    No.

Are you installing dirt magnet separators?
    Sometimes.

Are you venting with PVC, CPVC or Polypropylene?
    CPVC

Are you installing Hydraulic Separator like the Caleffi 4 in 1 with dirt magnetic?
    Yes.

Are you flushing the system with cleaner and then adding treatment chemicals after installation?
    Yes.

Steve Minnich