Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Too many monoflos?

nj6964
nj6964 Member Posts: 22
This horrible cold snap has prompted me to upgrade my short kitchen baseboard to a panel rad to get sufficient heat. I’m currently making the shopping list. After I add the rad to my first floor loop, it will be: 16x72 panel rad, 24x48 panel rad, 24x36 panel rad, 18 ft 3/4 baseboard in that order. The loops is 3/4” with the rads hooked up via 3/4x1/2 Venturi tees and the 3/4” baseboard in series.

My question is: is it detrimental to have dual Venturi tees for every radiator? The rads are above the loop and at most a 6’ run horizontally from the loop. We installed the original 2 rads with venturis on return and supply per my father’s (the plumber) recommendation. I’m concerned if we get to 3 Rads with 2 monoflos each that the flow will be negatively affected and the baseboard section will be seeing too cold water. The pump used is a taco 010. I’m considering installing the new rad with only 1 Venturi on the return and the swapping out the existing supply monoflos for regular tees as well. Thoughts? Is this much ado about nothing? Thanks.

Comments