Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ultra 105 series 3 Blower Fault

Options
OldeBD
OldeBD Member Posts: 3
Good Morning Everyone,

I’m new here and I’m in need of some help....

Ultra 105 installed by me in 09 with zero issues until this year. A few months ago the flue sensor went bad and I changed that along with the igniter and no issues since.

Last week I noticed a faint squeal coming from the blower motor, I checked it out, gave it a tap and it went away.

I’m away on vacation right now and I got a call from my father who’s dog sitting in my house saying the boiler locked out. First thing that came to mind was the blower and that’s what flashed on the screen. He and my buddy who is also a plumber changed it out with a new one.

Now it fires for about 5 seconds and goes out constantly. It ran all night like that and it will not lock out to give us a clue what’s going on. As I write this my buddy is going back to try cleaning the condensate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    Is it a series 2 or 3?
    Do you annually get the WM maintenance kit and clean the heat exchanger?
    You should be able to get into the history to check previous lockouts, flame signal, etc.
    Continuous recycle without a lockout doesn't seem right.
  • OldeBD
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you for the reply.
    The last time it was cleaned was this past August and it is a Series 3. I changed both the ignitior and flue sensor during that service. Condensate drain is clear. This is just so strange because it’s been trouble free until this.
  • HVACNUT
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What were the readings from the combustion analysis at the August maintenance?
  • OldeBD
    Options
    My service experience is quite limited. All I did was clean the heat exchanger and replaced sensors.
  • HVACNUT
    Options
    That's what I was getting to.
    You need to call a pro to resolve the issue.
    Click the "find a contractor in my area" link at the top of the page or call WM and ask if they can assist in locating a company near you.