Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

World's best oil filter wrench? Video for stuck Garber/Westood style filters

cwilliams2000
cwilliams2000 Member Posts: 140
edited December 2017 in THE MAIN WALL
I wanted to share my new video and at first you might just think this is for cars and trucks and it is but when I went to change my Garber and it was totally stuck I remembered I had this very cool wrench and hadn't considered using it for heating.

It's not cheap but after watching others try to remove these filters with a lot of effort and trouble I found this Facom to be a dream. This is also great for vehicles too. It's a pretty in depth review so enter at your own risk :) But you will see the Garber featured as the "large" filter it can remove. I hope you find it interesting if you choose to watch it. I have a lot of other videos with plumbing, tools and heating so I would be appreciative if you might consider subscribing also.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=q_MjMtF2e3U

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    What's wrong with the regular filter wrench, or a strap wrench?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• cwilliams2000
    edited December 2017
    Probably nothing if the filter isn't crazy tight but I have never had a wrench that had a grip like this.If you have tried the stuck Garbers they are awful. I love the filters just dont like how much they bind and you dont have a lot to hold. That idea that Facon had with the tooth is like a pipe wrench and a strap combined. Never fails me.
  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    I see a few for sale on EBAY, Ouch. I will put this on the list with other tools I keep putting off buying like the DVM I saw the other day that can measure the resistance of a 3" long piece of wire. Or that electro pneumatic terminal crimping station. Strips and crimps all in one go. I need a couple of those actually.
  • cwilliams2000
    I hear you! for me this one was worth it but others like the Delevan Nozzle tool are still on my dream list.
  • Boring
    Boring Member Posts: 47
    That is really cool, thanks for sharing... Kind of a steep price...too bad the head doesn't rotate for those tight spots....sure would beat driving a screwdriver through a stuck filter---A huge channel lock also works great....
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,039
    > @cwilliams2000 said:
    > I hear you! for me this one was worth it but others like the Delevan Nozzle tool are still on my dream list.

You can have mine. Haven't used it in 20+ years. Fits 3/4 and the older 11/16 bulkhead fittings.
  • cwilliams2000
    Wow that is is very nice of you, I appreciate that. Is there anything you might need or be looking for yourself?
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,039
    > @cwilliams2000 said:
    > Wow that is is very nice of you, I appreciate that. Is there anything you might need or be looking for yourself?

Lots of things. But none appropriate for this forum.
    If you want to PM me with your address, I'll send it to you.
  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    HeyyyyOhhhhhhj... The better question is what do you prefer to use? I have one of those nozzle wrenches. I got it from Georges site, I dunno if it is a delevan or not.