Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

stadler pex size

Options
kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
Are there transition fittings for the "1/2" Stadler pex tubing? I have a system that has really beat manifolds... I want to replace them but need the proper adapters.
Thanks.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    can you get an accurate OD in mm? A digital caliper or micrometer would work.
    I may have access to metric size adapters for our manifolds
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • kcopp
    Options
    Thanks.
    I will do that.... I know its not the 5/8" version.... that I grabbed a piece of.
  • hot_rod
    Options
    Here is the info you need to get an exact fitting. All the Caleffi fittings have a small range that they fit.

As you can imagine, worldwide there are many different tube sizes used.

It's possible the standard US sizes 5/16- 3/4, one of them may be close enough.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    kcopp
  • kcopp
    Options
    wow... I was pretty sure Caleffi would have something... just didn't know there were so many variations.
  • hot_rod
    Options
    Actually, our international catalog has 2 pages of fittings like that. A bunch of copper and stainless tube sizes, in addition to the multilayer PAP tubing out there.

Copper and stainless is common for retrofitting panel rads. Usually the copper or stainless tube is curved with benders, not many fittings used.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    Options
    I had a situation that I had to connect odd size pex to caleffi manifolds. The caleffi ranges were outside the pex size. I measured the pex and ordered EPDM o-rings that would make up the difference. Worked out real good, no leaks. I bought the o-rings from a distributor that I use "O-rings America".