Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Burner stops mid-burn

Options
plazo
plazo Member Posts: 4
(I probably posted this originally in the wrong forum)

I had trouble with my oiler burner at the end of last year - the reset button on the controller kept opening. Over the summer, I replaced the oil filter and pump screen, happy that it ran trouble free for a month already this season. But it’s happening again… Burner always starts up great when the reset is pushed - seems no problem with transformer, cad cell or electrodes?

I sat with it this time - no puff-back or unburned fuel odor .. It sounded like a good, normal burn for 10 minutes until the reset button popped out for no apparent reason and shut boiler down.

What would cause a burn to be stopped like that - in the middle of a normal burn? I thought the primary control/cad cell only operated to verify initial ignition…could the primary be faulty?

Help and insight are appreciated!

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    @plazo. Responces are on The Main Wall.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    The relay and eye are checking throughout the burners running time .. If the eye does not have an clear line of sight , faulty or loose in its holder it will drop out the relay ... At 1300ohm + - the relay starts dropping out ... Best to stay around 500-800 ohm

There was an error rendering this rich post.