Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wall mounted radiator

Options
I have a wall mounted radiator in my shop in SF, and I can't figure out how to manually turn it off. The control was removed on the construction. I have no idea what this valve is. Can anyone guide me on how to make this stop heating, it heats no matter what the temperature is. Two pictures attached.

Comments

• Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    That's a valve actuator. A remote valve actuator. There is a very thin metal capillary leaving that actuator and should be connected to a thermostat somewhere. Follow that capillary and see where it leads you.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    I just reread this and you say the control was removed? Do you mean the thermostatic dial? If that's the case that valve will remain open, but you know that. You can remove that actuator and replace it. Those valve came with a little manual adjust cap, could be in the cabinet. Look up Oventrop valves and thermostats and you'll get an idea what you need. You could also take the actuator to a good plumbing supply house.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker