Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for comments on my radiant floor boiler hook-up

Options
Sergea29
Sergea29 Member Posts: 30
Hello,

I have had to have my installer come back many times to adjust my radiant floor heating. It is new and this is the first heating season. I am looking for some confirmation that the boiler piping is ok. It seems a bit unconventional from what I have seenn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Schematics attached.

Thanks

Serge

Comments

• Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Is it me or is the boiler pumping into the return pipe that has the two c shapes in it?

So the boiler pump is fighting the 3 zone circs

Normally they would pump into the zone not pull from the zone
  • Sergea29
    Sergea29 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks, i have been told that usually the pumps pull from the the boiler instead of push, but seems this can be done though. See any problems? The pump in the boiler is just to show there is one. I believe it pushes out the supply. What i am concerned with is the position of the expansion tank and the the loop configuration. My boiler, a Bosh combi, doesn’t seem to always run the pump when there is a demand for heat but takes into account the outside temperature and its efficiency algorithms . I think that when it is not running the water bypasses the boiler through the loop and so i do not get as hot a water to heat the floors.
    Serge