Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Large pipe die sizes

CLambCLamb Posts: 59Member
I'm looking to buy 2 1/2" dies for my Ridgid 4P threader. I see dies for other threaders, such as Toledo, going for much lower prices. I'm wondering if direct substitution or substitution with shims is possible. I don't want to try precision machining the dies. However, I can't seem to find the dimensions of the various manufacturers dies anywhere online. Does anyone know of a source? Just for the record the Ridgid 4P dies are ~621.5mils parallel to the threads and ~747.9mils perpendicular to the threads.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Posts: 6,290Member
    Toledo is basically out of business which is why their dies are cheaper.

As I recall the Ridgid 4p isn't made anymore superseded by the Ridgid 141 if I am correct.

Ebay

Craigs List

There is a Company called "Steel Dragon Tools" that make a lot of Ridgid knock off stuff. Don't know if they have 4p stuff

Also Reed Tools makes dies to fit some ridgid tools (Ridgid 12-R = Reed R-12) for the 1/2-2" dies but unless you can dig some up on E-bay etc Idon't think they make dies to fit the 4p.

I think your only source is Ridgid

Shimming won't work

I had to toss a bunch of Toledo 2 1/2----4" threaders because I couldn't get dies for them and I looked for years. Tried to have a local sharpening company sharpen some dies.....didn't work