Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Large pipe die sizes

Options
CLamb
CLamb Member Posts: 281
I'm looking to buy 2 1/2" dies for my Ridgid 4P threader. I see dies for other threaders, such as Toledo, going for much lower prices. I'm wondering if direct substitution or substitution with shims is possible. I don't want to try precision machining the dies. However, I can't seem to find the dimensions of the various manufacturers dies anywhere online. Does anyone know of a source? Just for the record the Ridgid 4P dies are ~621.5mils parallel to the threads and ~747.9mils perpendicular to the threads.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Toledo is basically out of business which is why their dies are cheaper.

As I recall the Ridgid 4p isn't made anymore superseded by the Ridgid 141 if I am correct.

Ebay

Craigs List

There is a Company called "Steel Dragon Tools" that make a lot of Ridgid knock off stuff. Don't know if they have 4p stuff

Also Reed Tools makes dies to fit some ridgid tools (Ridgid 12-R = Reed R-12) for the 1/2-2" dies but unless you can dig some up on E-bay etc Idon't think they make dies to fit the 4p.

I think your only source is Ridgid

Shimming won't work

I had to toss a bunch of Toledo 2 1/2----4" threaders because I couldn't get dies for them and I looked for years. Tried to have a local sharpening company sharpen some dies.....didn't work